Wednesday 3 March 2010

General Rambling - What it feels like inside my head

"And We Stood on the Shoulders of Giants" - Sylvia McKeown

I have noticed of late the gradual change I have undergone since I have come back from India and now more than ever I can see that I am not the person I was before. I have a great sense of calm in my life and all the quiet that I lost in my head for 2 years has slowly returned. If you meet me now, you would never be able to picture the emotionless human I was in 4th year half on the verge of self destruction and half trying desperately to find myself...
 
So where does this all come from? Well I stumbled across a short film which when I watched just feels like how I feel now and where my head is. It's a film by Alex Roman called The Third and Seventh and it is beautiful. Every aspect of the film is created by Roman, from the shooting to the sound and the 3D composting. Personally I don't think the 3D was necessary (and no one should ever destroy a book) but the the core of the film, the footage, just resonates with me and the music completes it perfectly.

Check it out, and Enjoy:

The Third & The Seventh from Alex Roman on Vimeo.

"For a minute there, I lost myself"

No comments:

Post a Comment