Friday 29 January 2010

Quick Look at Awesome - Asimo aka "Advanced Step in Innovative MObility"



I have always been a bit of a sci-fi geek, thanks mostly to my father, who taught me at a young age that sometimes real life is seriously over rated when you have a galaxy to explore. I have seen it all a million times including all the good ol' black and white vacuum cleaner sounding spaceships and can perform the Vulcan mind meld (well kinda) but it's always been an escape but the great thing is maybe thanks to Honda the future may be a reality.

Introducing Asimo (said Awesimo) a real life humanoid robot by Honda. This little guy has been around for a little over 9 years but I was reminded of him again when I  stumbled on this mini doccie made for Sundace this year and premiered on the 15th Jan, explaining how very complex making this little robot really was.

Check it out:


and for good measure a fitting song, Royksopp ft Robyn The Girl and the Robot


Ocelot remix


Note. I do take heed of "terminator" warnings of robots but believe that we will either die of global warming or be killed by Tom Cruise and the Scientology people before the robots get us so it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment