Monday 18 January 2010

Songs of the Week - Hurts


These 2 Manchester boys have stolen my heart in one foul swoop this morning, found them last week in the digital version of the Dazed and Confused Jan Edition but as life goes only listened to then today. The embers of a band I really had love for, Daggers, Hurts rose to become what is being said as "the best thing to come out of Manchester since New Order."

Soaked in old school post punk flavour, the songs are just beauty itself with videos that look like they've come straight out of a Hedi Slimane / Anton Corbijn shoot. So  little wonder Hedi actually fell for them too and shot them for Dazed.



 
 

Fashion legend photos aside here's a video and of course, the music:


Blood, Tears and Gold (click divshare to download)


Wonderful Life


"I never thought I'd be the man I am now,
it's 20 seconds since I've left you"

No comments:

Post a Comment